Take note that Government through the road traffic directorate has revised the fines and penalties for road traffic offences.
1. Driving a vehicle without COF is now at K30,000 from K10,000
2. Driving a vehicle without a driver’s licence or professional driving permit is now at K100,000 from K10,000
3. Dangerous overtaking is now punishable by a fine of K50,000 from K10,000
4. Exceeding speed limit (speed trap) is at K50,000 from K5,000
5. Kutukwana or kudelera AUTHORITY ya traffic police office will be punishable by K200,000 from K20,000
These fines will be effective from November 13, 2017